You might think we discuss electrical safety to excess here on this blog. But we’re not just blowing smoke! There are over 25,000 or more electrical fires reported every single year in the United States. The most common causes of these? Mishandling of electrical devices! Safety is huge, and even a minor mistake can leave you with property damage or far worse.
That’s why at Solomon Electrical we place your safety as a top priority. Follow along today while we detail the most effective methods of minimizing your electrical fire risks.
Use These 6 Tips to Avoid Electrical Fires
Don’t worry—we’re not about to tell you that you need to do something crazy like invest in a total home rewiring (unless you’re in serious need). Most of these tips are simple and easy to follow:
- Never overburden an outlet. We understand that you have oodles of appliances and electrical knick-knacks in your home. But circuits are only designed to handle so much, and they aren’t going to stop you from trying to plug one last thing into that outlet. But an overburdened outlet can easily start a fire. If you need more electrical access, use safe surge protection devices, or simply get more outlets installed.
- Pay attention to outlets near water sources. Kitchens, utility rooms, and garages should be equipped with GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters) outlets that are safe to use around water sources.
- Don’t leave electrical devices unattended. We’re not asking you to stand guard over your PC or television at all times, but it’s wise to never leave things like space heaters running when no one is in the room. And this goes double for appliances in the kitchen—the number one place home fires start!
- Never leave flammables near cords, outlets, or heat sources. Be aware of where drapes or carpets might fall near your electrical devices. Electricity generates heat, and while in most cases the amount is mild, even a steady warmth can lead to ignited flammables if left alone for too long.
- Get rid of under-performing appliances. Does your box fan spark every time you plug it in, or is your microwave tripping a breaker every time it runs? Get rid of that appliance! Things like these are time bombs waiting to happen, and just because nothing has gone wrong yet doesn’t mean nothing will. There’s a reason they’re called accidents!
- Seek routine electrical safety and code inspections. There are tons of little things to keep up with in a home, and it’s unreasonable to expect you to know exactly how old your wiring, smoke alarms, appliances, and lights all are. That’s what professional inspections are for! Experts have the tools and training to check all of your electrical systems in a matter of an hour or two. It’s a small cost for tons of protection, so be sure to get a routine service set up.
Electrical Safety Services & Inspections with Solomon Electrical
Our experts never want to hear that one of our clients had a horrible electrical fire that could have been avoided. We offer a full range of electrical support, repair, and replacement services. Please, take advantage of what we have to offer and keep your home and family safe!
Whether you are a home owner or you have commercial property, it is essential to carry out electrical inspection in a timely manner, as it helps ensuring total safety against electrical hazards.ReplyDelete
Thank you for sharing such a nice blog with useful information. I want to know more aboutReplyDelete
electrician Cleveland OH
You have shared a nice article here about the Electrical Fires. Your article is very informative and useful for those who are interested to know more about the prevention of electrical fires. Thank you for sharing this article here. 24 Hour Electrician SingaporeReplyDelete
Great job for publishing such a nice article. Your article isn’t only useful but it is additionally really informative. Thank you because you have been willing to share information about electrical fires with us. Fire Extinguisher Device for SaleReplyDelete
Hi there! Nice material, do keep me posted when you post something about electrical fires like this again! I will visit this blog leaps and bounds for more quality posts like it. Chicago home remodelingReplyDelete
Your article does not contain useful words but it is moreover truly valuable article which you have shared here about electrical issues. It is a gainful article for us, Thanks for share it. electrical service panel upgrade DenverReplyDelete
I read the above article and got some knowledge from your article which is about Electrical Fires. It's actually great and useful data for us. Thanks for sharing it.ReplyDelete
Home Electrical Services in Sutherland Shire
I think home renovation is a great idea. If you take home renovation services in Chicago as well as in other city, you can improve your living conditions. You can also renovate your home yourself, but for this you need tools and skills and a lot of free time.ReplyDelete
I will share it with my other friends as the information is really very useful. Keep sharing your excellent work. Read more info about testing and tagging brisbane.ReplyDelete
This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.! fire extinguisher testing.ReplyDelete
It is what I was searching for is really informative.Testing and tagging It is a significant and useful article for us. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.ReplyDelete
It is what I was searching for is really informative.rcd test adelaide, It is a significant and useful article for us. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.ReplyDelete